Are you looking for the perfect Christmas gift to buy your loved one this year? Are they a dog owner and a dog lover ? If so, we may have just the answer.
This Christmas, Babyprints Tunbridge Wells, a professional castor of hands and feet and dog paws and Nic Bisseker Photography, a professional portrait photographer whose pet arm of the business Pet Tails and Portraits specialises in bespoke fine art style dog portraits are getting together for one day to create the perfect bespoke gift for dog lovers:
A paw cast and professional studio dog portrait image mounted side by side in a stunning double box frame of your choice.
This day is going to be lots of fun – what better way to cheer up a dreary November day!
Here’s how it works:
Arrive at Nic Bisseker Photography’s home studio for your allocated spot on Saturday 17 November.
First you will have your dog photographed in the home studio. This session will last approximately 30 minutes. Your dog will need to be able to sit and stay to your command for short periods of time. We work closely with you as owner so there is time for little breaks and rewards as necessary. Depending upon your dog’s cooperation we will aim to take enough images to create a gallery of approximately 3 from which to choose your final image for printing.
Then you will move into the next room for your dog paw casting which will take a similar amount of time. You will need to hold your dog still for about a minute to enable the mould to take. The dog’s paw is lubricated with olive oil to ease release from the casting gel.
During your casting session you will have an opportunity to look at various sample mounts, frame colours and cast paints. By the time you leave you will have chosen your bespoke box frame. All frames are solid wood.
Within 10 days you will be sent an online gallery of 3 digital images from which to choose your favourite to be printed for the box frame. Depending upon dog’s paw size and therefore the box frame required, your image will be printed in either a 7 x 5 or 6 x 8 inch crop at Nic Bisseker Photography’s professional print laboratory and is then mounted within the frame alongside the painted paw cast.
Within 4 weeks and within plenty of time to be wrapped and under the tree for Christmas, your box frame will be ready to collect!!!
When my beloved dog became terminally ill I wanted a sentimental keepsake. I chose a hand and paw casting. This cast brings me so much comfort. It’s a constant reminder of my beautiful boy who was not just a dog but a loving member of the family. The cast is not only a classy ornament but my most treasured possession. People who see it for the first time always make a comment… how beautiful, what an amazing idea, such a lovely keepsake.Harvey's owner
Saturday 17 November 2018;
• 1 hour session but please allow 1 hour and a half;
• 1 dog per session; If you have more than one dog please contact us to discuss options as 2 dog paws/images can be combined into 1 frame or 2 separate frames can be created;
• Pricing – £199 – £99 due to secure slot with balance paid after session once image is chosen and prior to frame being ordered;
Frame upgrades are available and may be necessary if your dog has a very large or long paw cast- prices differences are small – please see Terms and Conditions below and feel free to discuss beforehand.
We had an amazing photo session with our dog Archie. Nic is a very experienced photographer who was able to engage well with with my dog. I would highly recommend Nic to my family and friends and will definitely use her services again in the future.Owner of Archie
My home studio is in the beautiful Dormans Park, West Sussex with plenty of parking. (RH19 2LT) Dormans Park is fantastically placed at the junction of 3 counties – West Sussex, Surrey and Kent. For those of you who aren’t quite sure where we are, approximate journey times are set out below (without traffic) :
20-25 minutes from Tunbridge Wells,
10 minutes from East Grinstead;
20-25 minutes from Junction 6 M25.
BRIEF TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR DOG CASTING AND PORTRAIT SESSIONS 2018 ( A FULL SET WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SESSION CONTRACT)
- We are experienced working with dogs, but please discuss with us any concerns you have about the ability of your dog to take part in the session before booking. Naturally, your dog will need to able to sit and stay on command to enable studio photographs and be happy being held by you to take the cast. This is simple and painless and treats work well to distract!
- On booking you will be sent an invoice and Session Contract. The first payment of £99 is due upon receipt of your invoice. Due to the limited availability of this session, this can only be refunded if notice is given 5 days prior to 17 November.
- Paws should be groomed before the session to enable the more intricate details of your dog’s cast to show. Some owners like to give their dogs a full wash/groom before their portrait session.
- Ideally we would ask that the number of people attending the session is kept to a minimum – up to two due to studio space and time constraints and to keep your dog as calm as possible. Similarly we can’t accommodate very small children on this day. Please discuss with us if you have any difficulties with childcare. A Saturday has been chosen with this factor in mind.
- A gallery of 3 professionally edited images (subject to your dog’s co-operation) will be provided within 10 days of the session for you to choose your favourite to be printed for the box frame. The images in the gallery will likely be taken using the same set but different expressions/poses. There will be an opportunity to purchase prints of the other images in your gallery if you so wish.
- £199 includes the Classic solid wood frame available in different finishes. Box frame upgrades are available and may be necessary if your dog has an extra large or long paw. Box frame upgrades: Larger Classic style frame for large or long dog paws – £10 extra. Swept Fine Art frame £ 20 extra.
- Box frames must be collected from either Nic Bisseker Photography, Dormans Park (RH19 2LT) or Babyprints Tunbridge Wells (TN4 0TQ)
Had a wonderful session with Nicola and my very nervous chihuahua terrier cross. Nicola was patient and professional managing to get some great shots despite my dogs nervous disposition. Can highly recommend.”Owner of Bubbles
HOW TO BOOK
Please telephone or text Christine on 07714 531 747 or email nic with your contact details and your breed of dog and we can organise a spot for you.
There is extremely limited availability on these so to ensure you get a spot do get in touch soon. We really look forward to working with you and your furry best friend.
Nic is an award winning dog photographer, offering sessions in her home studio in West Sussex and in the great outdoors in and around Sussex, Kent and Surrey and creating stunning wall art images for your homes. She also photographs families, children and babies.
Christine is a highly skilled, professional castor of baby hands, feet and dog paws creating beautiful works of art for memories to last a lifetime.
Nic Bisseker Photography:
Babyprints Tunbridge Wells – Christine Sharman: